Learning how to adapt your social media marketing opportunities and promotions to effective internet marketing principles when you’d really prefer to work face to face with your market might be a challenge. But it is a worthwhile challenge.
If your social media marketing experience isn’t as much fun as watching these two marketing mavens clown around at The Perk, you’re missing an important part of the Marketing Mix. Let me share a few steps that will keep your website hopping, your profit growing and your social media promotions fun – no matter which media you select for your primary marketing functions:
- Remember it’s all about connecting and creating relationships. Once you’ve made a connection interact, talk, chat, have some fun getting to know the people who respond to you on social media.
- Get involved. Don’t just post on your page, visit your friends and post on their pages too. Add to conversations that are evolving online. Don’t always be the one to start a conversations, sometimes… just participate.
- Occasional forwards, if they apply to your business, your life, or your interests are fine, but if all your friends ever get from you are forwarded links and pictures, they’ll rapidly tire of your company. Include original thoughts and actions in your discussions.
- Join some groups. Maybe even a few that stretch your interest level. A friend added me to a Cat group and I’m not a cat lover, but I do enjoy the diversity of the group. Get involved.
- Start a group and organize your connections into an interactive team of players who project possibilities. Again, be a participant and get involved. The object isn’t to have a non-participating group, but rather to have an actively involved group of people who enjoy each other’s company.
These tips and so many more are available on my facebook page.