Miracle! Be one. It’s never too late to be a miracle.
Every now and then I read an article where someone is looking back at what might have been, and I see a trend. Most of us at one point or other missed an opportunity in our lives… But if you waste time looking back at the missed opportunities – are you missing another one?
Of course, learning from the past is a good thing…
Just don’t get stuck there.
“Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.”
― Joyce Brothers
Don’t wait for someone else to make you successful when you’ve got all the tools you need to do it yourself.
As a home school parent, I learned early that in order to train my children up in the way they should go, I needed to let them do everything they could possibly do for themselves, and teach them better ways to do those things. Teaching them to be independent decision makers, and capable fulfilled adults was an easy choice. Negotiating those waters was another story. As much as each of them has acquired success in their adult lives, they’ve also had to overcome some incredible power struggles, too.
Sometimes, as a parent, you have to step back and let them use what you taught them.
The same is true with YOU.
God has brought you to this place, given you the tools you need, and he’s offering you every opportunity available… Then, when you’re making decisions… He steps back and allows you to make the one YOU want to make. He gives you free will.
Are you using it to your benefit and the benefit of others?
What do you want from life?
Today’s message from a friend, “Labor Day, so no official work today…sitting outside drinking coffee…little nip in the air…fall is around the corner…do you ever ponder what your life would have been if you would have taken that other road or are you satisfied where you are…I sometimes feel that life threw me a curve ball and I forgot to catch it….Everyone have a great day…” from a friend caught me slightly off guard, and I realized I had contemplated similar situations, and I have an answer.
Over coffee on the deck, a mind can wonder many directions… Most of them including that nip in the air, autumn, and pondering life will take you to the same place.
What did I miss?
But did you really miss anything? Or did you just not make the decision that might have taken you to that different place?
Every day, we make decisions… The decisions we make will either take us where we wanted to go, or where we didn’t want to go… But we made the decision that took us there.
Tony Robbins often says, “Life will pay any price you ask of it.” Did you ask? Or did you just accept what was offered? Do you know what you want from life?
Life is ten percent what happens to you, ninety percent what you do with it. Those curve balls are sometimes opportunities to shift gears and take the other fork. Ask God to shine a light on the road he wants you to take.
The miracle of life is a result of you making choices that get results you desire. Are you making those choices? Do you know what you want from life?
Life Plan for Success
When Skip Ross taught his Dynamic Living class, he had a set of 7 Principles designated as Life Principles that existed whether you believed in them or not, that ruled how your life turned out. You controlled all of them.
Let me repeat that… YOU controlled ALL 7 Principles.
- Give more of yourself. Whatever you give away will come back to you ten-fold. You can’t out-give God.
- Get rid of what you don’t want to make room for what you do want.
- Goal setting. Write it down. When you set a goal or a dream into action, you write it down first, then build upon that goal, with steps toward achievement.
- Whatever you speak out of your mouth is what you will get. Don’t speak into existence that which you don’t want. Your words have power and meaning, use them to your benefit and the benefit of others.
- Take action. If you want something bad enough you will take action to make it happen, because by taking action, you’ve set into motion that which will come into existence.
- Your face expresses every moment the outlook you have on life. Show your energy and enthusiasm and let it all shine.
- Believe in the outcome. Faith is literally the basis and foundation of all other parts of your life, when you believe in the outcome, you bring it to action, and design the outcome of your faith.
It’s about a choice. It’s about being a miracle, and believing that the miracle is you.
God chose you before the beginning of time, and YOU are a spectacular being, created in His image.