Have you ever wondered what the best blog marketing experience EVER might look like? Well, I hadn’t really thought about it much, but then I happened across it, and there it is… The perfect blog marketing experience. Couldn’t be better…
And I’m sharing it!
I’m a big fan of other tech bloggers. I mean, blog posts are fun. And I have to learn from something too, right? Really FUN to read, even if you’re tired of reading and just want a break from all the ‘working stuff’ when you stop over and read one of someone else’s blog posts, it’s fun. Now, granted, you might need to be somewhat of a tech geek to read some blogger’s stuff, but the shoe fits. I wear it well.
So there it is… What I do for fun.
And with a little bit of blog reading, commenting, and promoting, I can stir up all manners of fun online. So here’s the quick part of the story….
I was feeling pretty beat up, a little down, and disgusted with the world, particularly some of the people in my world, so I decided to visit someone else’s site. Well, I stopped by a hot tech blog and found a topic I wanted to read. But it didn’t stop there…
I started commenting on the blog post, and someone else’s blog post popped up, so I commented over there too.
I added about twenty blog comments, leaving a link to one of my “bloggy blogs” and then stopped to get some rest. About six thirty this morning, my email is lighting up.
“Will you do a guest post for me?” And there’s five emails requesting Guest Posts from me in my niche, on blogs that get a lot of traffic.
Guest Posts Snag Traffic.
Guest posts can be literally the best blog marketing you ever do for your website. If you can guest post on some of the really cool blogs in your niche, that’s more than an honor. It’s instant “best blog marketing practices” and traffic generation on steroids. Do that. Seriously, do that.
“Success is never on discount. Greatness is never on sale. Greatness is never half off! It’s all or nothing! It’s all day, every day! Greatness is never on discount!”
― Eric Thomas
Granted, I write about a thousand blog posts a week, by the time I write my own, write those for people who pay me, and write for clients who are guaranteed a blog post a month as part of their services, not to mention speck articles done for magazines, and my commentary. I write a lot. In fact, I write more than most writers in my field. But writing Guest Blog Posts is a real honor, when it’s a request from my favorite bloggers. So, yes, I’m going to write those blog posts!
Of course, I am.
The best blog marketing means you understand your unique selling point (USP) and apply that to every blog post you write.
Noteworthy here, I do sometimes forget that, and slip off into lala land of sharing my crazy life online, instead of selling, but I believe my readers really do want to know who I am sometimes. A bit narcisistic of me, perhaps. But you’re still reading me, and most of you know me pretty well. Of the 300 or so that open every single blog post, and somehow manage to let me know you’re reading (I’d love to wake up with 300 blog comments some morning, but email works!)… You all do know me pretty well.
The Best Blog Marketing Experience
The stellar key ingredient to your website is the addition of great graphics. And those graphics will SELL your business if you let them. You use them on your site, share them to other people’s sites, allow Pinterest to share them, and include some key details that make a huge difference to your web marketing experience, and you’ve got a great marketing piece.
So, here’s what you do:
- Make sure you have relevant, and high-quality graphics. I sometimes use an idea and expand on it. Use my own fluff, and write my own content. Then post the graphic on my website with a link to other sites, or invite readers to post my graphics on their sites.
- Add a link to your graphic, so the reader can follow the graphic back to your site – even if someone forgets to add the link behind the graphic.
- Include enough detail and fun to draw in an audience and then ask your audience to participate in the exchange with comments, or discussion.
- Increase the traffic flow to your website with graphic elements that appeal to a broader market. Be sure to capture your overall market with great content, and invite them to join your subscriber list.
- Generate traffic with Graphics. This is the fun part. If you’re tagging your graphics with appropriate keyword phrases, they’ll drive traffic back to your website, because people look for graphics in their specific areas of interest too.
The BEST blog marketing experience you’ll ever receive is what you get when a blog post goes viral. Whether it’s on your blog, or someone else’s, if a post ever goes viral and starts capturing the interest of random people, the results will scream success. And the echoes will NEVER end.
How can you write a viral blog post?
Write a viral blog post. There are many ideas about what can make a blog post go viral, but some of the most significant are right here.
The best blog marketing includes these concepts:
- Give more than you expect to get.
- Write influential content.
- Become an expert in your niche.
- Share your talents.
- Show gratitude always.