I live a blessed life. I truly do.
I have four absolutely amazing kiddos, who have married beautiful spouses… Well, one isn’t married yet, only betrothed, but she’s absolutely adorable. And my grand kiddos are – well, they’re all PERFECT. Trust me on this one, even when I want to pop their little behinds, they’re perfect, because they’re mine. And I’m grandma, so the pop their behinds thing, just doesn’t happen. Instead, I love them through it…
I have work that I adore doing, and mostly (I’ve had my share of clients from the dark side over the years) clients I absolutely love to work with.
But, life does offer up moments… Moments when I really need more than just the knowledge that I’m blessed to get through – and that’s when I rely on the mustard seed.
Faith is knowing that this shall pass and there will be a blessing on the other side.
Trust is a significant factor in my life. Having the ability to trust those around me, and effortlessly trusting that they are who they say they are, is important to me. Without that trust, I feel vulnerable. At risk. I don’t like feeling as if I’m personally at risk. It’s scary, brings on strange nightmares and panic attacks, and I don’t feel secure in my life, when I can’t trust someone around me. I’ve lived that life, and choose not to live it any more.
In a recent discussion with a client, I was asked, “How do you go day to day without feeling lost, if you’re not making sales?”
Backstory: Her business had not grown as fast as she wanted it to grow, and she didn’t know how to survive emotionally through the dry spells. She wanted to grow her business from a position of strength, rather than out of fear. She didn’t want to force sales, but she did want to have buying clients.
I explained the steps toward marketing successfully without actually having current sales:
- Always spend 30 minutes or so each morning, before you start your day’s work, doing your own marketing. Whatever it is you need to do to bring in the clients, do that first.
- Scan email for what you have to respond to and discard or file anything you’re not doing something with, immediately. Add response requirements to your to-do list, or respond.
- Send out an email to your list, reminding them of something you have going on, a sale item, an item they might be interested in, or a bit of information they may need with a link to something you want them to see. Be sure you use this option, frequently if not every day, because your LIST is your BANK. No list? See ListBuildingwithJan.com
- Bring on the Java. Seriously, if you’re not on Java with Jan, you’re missing a fine opportunity to both build your faith, grow your trust levels, and gain a world of encouragement, as well as missing an opportunity to ask a question now and then about the important things you may be missing in your business.
- Get started on whatever work is on your To-Do-List for today, because you know if you don’t, you’ll lag behind when the work starts coming in from your marketing.
Here’s where claiming the mustard seed comes in, you’ve already done the marketing and you know you’re going to get calls in response to the marketing you’re doing. So you have to be ready when those calls come in. You have to be ready to do the new work. So get ready. Do the work you have on hand, make sure you’re “caught up” so you can get the new work done on time.
Matthew 17:19 Afterward the disciples came to Jesus privately and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?” 20 “Because you have so little faith. He answered. “For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
Claim the mustard seed.
When you market your business, trust that your clients will come. You know what you’re doing is right in the eyes of God, you’ve sought his approval and he’s given you the talent, the skills, the abilities, and the tools to do the job. He may have even shown you that you’re on the right track, that you’ve got the almighty power to accomplish the task because HE is with you every step of the way, through one means or another. So take Him at His word and trust that he will fulfill the good works he has started in you.
Philippians 1:6 For I am confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will continue to perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Take Him at His word. Claim the Mustard Seed.
If you’re seeking confirmation, encouragement, affirmation, then give me a call: